1. Spend a weekend attending the US Open.
This site is called Bucket List Nation, so we thought it might be time to start showing items off our master list. Each week we will be featuring ten items that we are adding to our list; these can be adventurous, quirky, romantic, athletic, crazy, basically anything we feel like adding! We will always do a separate post for each item that we cross of our list and let you know our progress throughout the year. If you have items that we should add next week, please leave your suggestions!
2. Visit Venice during Carnival.
3. Take a trip on the Oriental Express.
4. Eat at The Rock Restaurant in the Indian Ocean. This seafood shack requires you to walk, swim, or row a boat depending on the tide.
5. Staying at a cliff-top resort in Santorini like The Sea Captain’s House & Spa.
6. Oakland has become a destination for foodies. We would love to try Homeroom, a concept restaurant that specializes in gourmet macaroni and cheese that can be paired with craft beers. We want to try the Mexican Mac made with chorizo, jack cheese, and chipotle peppers.
7. Find our way through the Dole Pineapple Garden Maze. This two-acre maze was named the largest in the world by Guinness.
8. Swim on the edge at Devil’s Swimming Pool. During the dry season on the Zambezi River, a natural rock ledge forms at the top of Victoria Falls. This has been called the most dangerous infinity pool in the world.
9. Take a flashlight tour of the Winchester Mystery House. Sarah Winchester, haunted by spirits, built this 160-room estate after the death of her husband and child. Unusual parts of the house include stairs that lead to nowhere, rooms that trap you inside, and a cabinet that opens and extends through thirty rooms of the house.
10. Swim at the Blue Lagoon in Iceland.